Bloomfield Public Schools
Bloomfield Public Schools at a Glance
- Completed district-wide Portrait of a Graduate initiative – transforming pre-K to grade 12 transitions with new academic programs
- New pre-school program at Laurel Elementary School
- Established, in partnership with PTO and Bloomfield Public Library, new Free Library book drop on Laurel campus. Provides 24-hour access to children’s books, donated by the Library
- New Talented & Gifted program – now called SOAR (Strive. Optimize. Analyze. Research) for those in grades 4-8
- Expanding corporate, university and non-profit partnerships to enhance career-pathways at Bloomfield High School.
- BHS recent graduate Condoleezza Coleman was selected by the national Distinguished Young Woman organization as the 2022 CT Distinguished Young Woman award winner.
- Retired Athletic Director Tammy Schondelmayer named 2022 Athletic Director of the Year
- BHS has earned 68 CT Interscholastic State championships in the last 21 years – in eight sports
- BHS won three CIAC state championships in the last year - boys’ basketball,boys’ track & field; girls’ track & field.
- BHS earned six consecutive Michaels Cup award for exemplary sportsmanship
- BHS Athletic Department named 2022-23 CIAC Fred Balsamo Award for Sportsmanship.
- For the third year in a row, Bloomfield was recognized by the National Association of Music Merchants for having one of the Best Communities in the country for music education. NAMM’s mission is to strengthen and promote music education.
- BHS Voice of Inspiration was a featured performer at the CT Music Educators’ Annual Conference in April 2022.
- BHS Concert Band will be a featured performing in a special February 2023 concert at the Lincoln Theater, located on the campus of the University of Hartford.