|Name||Political Affiliation||Term of Office|
|Sharon Mann, Chair||Democrat||11/23|
- 5:30 PM
- 4th Thursday of every month
- In-Person: Bloomfield Town Hall, Conference Room #2
- 800 Bloomfield Avenue
Bloomfield, CT 06002
- Online via Zoom Meeting Virtual Platform
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
For agendas and minutes prior to June 2023, please visit the Agenda Center.
The Beautification Committee (BBC) is a volunteer committee that promotes and facilitates activities that improve the appearance of the public gardens in the Town of Bloomfield. The committee recommends and plans beautification projects with the support of the Department of Public Works. Currently we plant at the following locations in late May, early June:
- The Town Green and war memorials across from the Prosser Library
- Town Hall north and west sides of building
- Prosser Library and the McMahon Wintonbury Branch Library
- The Mary Hill Memorial Park at the corner of Blue Hills Avenue and Park Avenue
- The Town Municipal Pool
- The Bloomfield Police Department
- 8 hanging planters on the pergola at Town Hall and 6 planters at 330 Park Avenue, Leisure Services and Senior Service-entrances
- The electronic sign area, corner of Bloomfield Avenue and Mountain Road and across from 330 Park Avenue
- Hardy mums are placed at various locations around town in the fall
The Beautification Committee Welcomes Your Assistance! Get on the BBC Mailing List if you're interesting in helping with the plantings, which usually require about an hour of one's time. "We're community committing to community."
The BBC is moving toward becoming more sustainable with the use of more native plantings that don't require installation every year.
Since 1989 the committee has presented Notable Landscape Awards for outstanding property landscaping. A framed certificate and lawn sign is presented to the award recipients at a Town Council meeting the second week in September recognizing their garden achievements.
The Beautification Committee is supported by the Public Works Department. If you have any questions or would like additional information regarding volunteering to help the BBC, email Dan Carter, Operations Manager.
The Beautification Committee is always eager to hear from individuals who are willing to offer time and effort, or businesses and corporations who wish to donate funds or other needed commodities, or to otherwise provide sponsorship to contribute to the beautification of our Town. There are always small, medium, and large tasks and projects that would benefit from your sense of community spirit and service.
Visit the BBC on Instagram. Putting the Bloom in Bloomfield. BBC seeks to create town pride by planting & helping maintain its public gardens to encourage residents to do the same.