Energy Assistance

Energy AssistanceCommunity Renewal Team (CRT)

The Community Renewal Team (CRT) processes applications for the Connecticut Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) and the Contingency Heating Assistance Program (CHAP). These programs provide financial assistance for your primary source of heat.

In order to qualify you must complete an application with a CRT Intake Worker. The total income and assets for your household must not exceed the income/asset limits for the program. Eligibility Guidelines 

Appointments can be scheduled by calling CRT at 860-560-2694 or 860-560-5800. The Connecticut Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) officially begins on November 1st and ends at the end of April. However, appointments can be made as early as September.

Operation Fuel

Operation Fuel is a private, not-for-profit agency that provides emergency financial assistance with energy or utility bills. Grants through this program may vary based on funding availability.

To apply for assistance from Operation Fuel, you can call Social and Youth Services at 860-242-1895. An application will be completed with you and the total gross income for the entire household must not exceed the guidelines for this program. Eligibility Guidelines

Operation Fuel is now accepting online applications for financial assistance with energy or utility bills.

MDC Utility Assistance

  • Operation Fuel
  • Department of Social Services (DSS) - Connecticut Water Assistance Program

Utility Assistance Programs

Weatherization Programs

Home Energy Solutions - Income Eligible

Bloomfield Fuel Bank

Limited assistance is based on the availability of funds for eligible Bloomfield residents for emergency fuel situations. Please call 860-242-1895.